Eighty-two (82) percent of sellers used an agent or broker to sell their home in 2008.
REALTORS® help sellers get the best price. In fact, recent sellers:
- Received 96% of the listing price; and
- Received a 32% median higher price than those who did not use an agent or broker.
REALTORS® also help sellers save time: 82% of recent real estate sales were the result of agent contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, family and other personal contacts.
Source:National Association of REALTORS®, 2008 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers
Here are 6 ways your Indiana REALTOR® can help you sell your home or property, saving you time and effort during this complex process:
- Provide up-to-date information on the market, specifically the price, financing, terms and condition of competing homes or properties, and establish the full market value of yours;
- Based on experience working with buyers, offer suggestions to make your home or property as appealing as possible;
- List your home or property with the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) or Broker Listing Cooperative (BLC), disbursing information to a network of other agents, not to mention the public;
- Prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your home or onto your property, as well as answer inquiries;
- Abiding by the Code of Ethics, negotiate a deal with your best interest in mind; and
- Navigate all the paperwork to get an accepted offer to closing.